Sunday, March 30, 2003

today has got to be the luckiest day on earth for me..... well, maybe not the luckiest day... but it was an extraordinarily good day. you wanna know why? come have a seat and i'll relate to you my happenings for today ;)

i went to Kinokuniya today, they were having some literature book day/week thingy and was giving away rm10 vouchers with every rm50 purchased... the staff are such nice ppl :)

i went up to the counter to ask a lady about the book i was looking for [saiyuki reload]... sheeshh... because it was embarassing man... to go there and ask... having all these ppl lurking around.. maybe even eavesdropping on what you're asking.. but it wasn't too bad because it the lady i spoke to was a malay.. if it was a japanese lady then i wouldn't have had the guts to go.. afraid she might give me some weird look :p

then this lady goes and call another guy.. assuming he can read/understand japanese.. and i was cursing at the back of my mind... hehe... thought i coulda avoid the embarassment... of being strangely into these kinda stuff... however, he was so helpful, i was greatful for going up to them in the first place :)

we first went to the shelf that had the books... right at the bottom, so we were squatting and checking it out. then, he said that reload was not there... but there were other saiyuki books but wasn't sure what they were. even i wasn't because everything on the cover was in japanese writing so i couldn't make it out whether it was the manga or what... so he actually opened the plastic wrapping for me so that i can check myself what book it was. it was the manga, and i didn't want those. i managed to download the scanlations on my pc. also next to the saiyuki books were a few Wild Adpater mangas by minekura kazuya as well [book 1 & 2 were both there - so i got those.. yes, i have them in my possesion.... mwahahaha!!]

then i asked whether there were any of the books in english [hehe.. trying my luck here!] he told me to hold on and was kind enough to check in the stock room if whether the book i was looking for in english was available.. and went back the second time to check for the japanese version when he told me there wasn't an english one... but also dun have lar... so i made an order for the saiyuki reload manga... hehe :þ

now comes the best part :)

he gives me a call later today and asks about my order. then tells me that apparently, there's a saiyuki reload 2 and asked if i wanted to order that too... fuh.... i was so happy... so i said yes. cool or what uh? i get to have the 2nd book even before it's known to the world over here.. mwahahahaha!! now i have two books waiting for me to pick up.

*sighs dreamily*

ahh... that's the biggest event for today. and that ppl have been bugging me to go learn japanese. even one of my friends said he'll join me if i did. so cool! :) i might just take him up on that offer...

that's it for this entry.. just wanna express my excitedness somewhere. ja!

No comments: