Tuesday, January 11, 2005

[ parents going tech-savvy ]

Several years ago when I was a student I was returning to Manchester after Christmas at home in Ireland. As I am walking through Manchester airport to collect my bags I hear an announcement on the intercom: "Could Thomas Smith please make his way to the nearest information desk". A message to call my dad. I immediately worry.
- Dad its me - is everything ok?
- No - I've lost everything and its gone blank?
- What?
- The computer, everything has gone blank. I can't find the internet or anything.
I can't repeat what I said but the staff in the airport information desk were surprised.
(Thomas, Ireland/England)


If you have parents who use computers, there is a 90% chance you could relate to this story


Some of the comments are really funny, and very familiar ^__^;;

No comments: