Wednesday, March 19, 2003

it's been a boring, tiring, long day!! why? will let you know of how my day started from getting out of my bed to finally sitting infront of this screen typing :)

first off, i get up at 8am. why should i have when my alarm was actually set at 8.30am?? my maid took down the curtains in my room yesterday, so i was greeted by the sun's shining rays.. which usually doesn't bother me, but was far to bright today. anyways, got ready n all for college and waited for a ride from a friend who was suppose to pick me up at 9.30 but decided to get up late and only came by in the end at about 10am. well, it doesn't really make a difference to me.. cause my class only starts at 11am.

so i start the day at college with the most boring subject taught by the most boring lecturer!! and to top it all of, we actually have TWO classes of the same subject in one day. 3 hrs of database management systems [dbms] in one day ain't entertaining at all. especially when you've got a monotonous lecturer. so, like during the first class of dbms [11-12.30pm] i was in la la land as usual [ie, spacing out / daydreaming] and suddenly the lecturer asks me a question which i had no clue what it was. so happen my friend sitting next to me said "yeah, should be the same" and then lecturer asked, "is it the same?" so i just nodded and answered yes. to what, i had no clue until he said it was actually NOT THE SAME! how embarassing.

then he continues with, "i remember telling y'all that you shouldn't read the slides because it's meant for me, and the answer was on the slide [projected right in front of the class at that moment] and at least she [referring to me] did something correct. not reading the slide" sheesh!! one of the biggest draw backs of sitting in the last row at the back.

so after that, continued by another big embarassment. after we had lunch, we had another class. different subject, from 1.15-2.45pm and my group [me being the leader] was suppose to be the first to present. so it was all agreed upon that one of the other members went up to present only to find out [to my greatest shock] he [that person who was suppose to present] was basically mumbling and wasn't able to explain our project from the slides that i did. isk!! so i took over and explained the first part then passed it to him, still mumbling and barely speaking up in the microphone. i coulda pulled my hair out, but that would've just added on to my "most embarassing moments" list. then after that, it was continued with more boring presentation from other groups which i did not intend to bother listening.

the came the third and final more boring class of all. i almost slept off a couple of times. the air conditioning in the class was just nice, and it was 'tutorials' from students about sql to the class [yes, this is the second dbms class for the day] and so their softer more gentler voices [compared to the strict monotonous lecturer's] lulled me threateningly to sleep. class finished by 4.45pm and i thought i was home free. but that was too good to be true.

i get a msg from my dad after class that my mom will only be there to pick me up at 5.15pm [which surprisingly she came right on the dot!!] but i wasn't too bothered about the time. i wasn't rushing home for anything... 'cept that nice comfy bed in my room. on the way home, it was raining cows & buffalos. could barely see the car in front of us. got home by about 5.30-ish and realized am suppose to go to the temple for a function today at 6.

today is a celebration called 'holi' where people [namely hindus] play with colors and water, splashing among other ppl, etc. it is a fun event so, this is where the 'tiring' part of the day comes. i, being in the youth committee of the temple i go to [i always get myself into all these unnecessary things for no reason], volunteered to help sell the colors instead of playing with the others like i'd done in the previous years. the thought of having to wash my hair a couple hundred times to remove the dye [only to look like i've got some terrible disease which made my face produce vivid colors like purple the next day] and getting all soaked and having no choice but to try desperately to change afterwards in a crammed bathroom filled with other filty wet girls wasn't my idea of fun :)

by the time i got home after the cleaning n all, this is where the 'long day' comes is, was already 11pm. came home, had a quick wash up... was too tired to wash my hair as yet.. leaving it for tmr :þ and finally am on the net surfing, filling up this stupid blog with nonsense and i still have to finish checking my mail!!

oh well.... i'm off.. for now!


oyasumi [good night]

No comments: