Friday, January 02, 2004

[ new year, new layout ]

and so another year has begin, hoping this time (unlike the rest) the year would be a good and satisfying one. and also with a new month comes a new layout. yes, it's yet another black theme.... what else is new isn't it? what's new is, it's a ghost in the shell layout. major kusanagi's silhouette of course. and why gits? it's only my fav anime plus their 2nd movie is coming out this year!!

hmm... okay so come, come... i story you on my new year's day =)

well, we'll just have to begin with the night before right? yep. so we had a pot-luck at home. relatives all came.... said hi, made my "prescence" felt and then left for my friend's house for dinner at 9pm. chit-chatted, had dinner.... etc etc. then later walked down the to the streets of bangsar for the "count-down". in case some of y'all are wondering, i live in bangsar. not that happening if you ask me so.... whatever!

we went there... there was a lot of ppl, but not as many (or should i say much) ppl as the last few years. this time we can actually make it from one end of the road to another in 15 minutes... unlike last time where we only moved a few inches in that same amount of time ^^;

ppl seem to have a lot of fun these days, playing with the confetti. foam, colored spray, stringy stuffs. all not good if you have long hair and have just washed it!!! well, at least this time it wasn't as bad as during christmas :) after that at about 1 am my brothers, my cousin and i walked back home. we live quite close to bangsar. what amazes me is.... this whole area is called bangsar and yet ppl only refer bangsar as to the few rows of shops where the pubs, clubs and restaurants lay.

the next day, ie today, i had a dental appointment. interesting way to start the year of uh?! got my wisdom tooth pulled out. it feels good to have one irritating tooth less... lol! the experience was not nice. esp when my uncle (who was the dentist) injected the.... what's it called... damn i forgot the word. anyways, it was spose to numb the tooth area and the weird thing was when i could feel the cold liquid shoot into my eye and nose. it was really something i'd not expected which got me worried! yes, i was scared!! and for a while my eye couldn't focus. damn man.... somebody should've have frikin' warned me!! i've never been close to this, ie being put to sleep for an operation or what what.... urgh. well, at least now i know what to expect for my other 3 wisdom teeth.

after that..... stayed at home, cotton stuck in my mouth.... trying to eat every now and then! luckily no swelling, which is good. i'm just so happy my uncle is a dentist.. and a good one at that! :)

other than that... i just formatted my laptop, installed XP and man, i'm having a hard time adjusting. using it at the moment by the way.. haha!! still need to install a lot of programs first.

and since all the happening events are over, it's about time i started my research paper. only a few days left and i haven't found a title yet! yeah, i'll do that right after i watch LOTR 3 tmr at midnight!!!!!! XD XD

No comments: